When: January 18th, 2012; 8am – 7pm
Where: Washington DC Convention Center, 801 Mount Vernon Place, NW, Washington, DC 20001
Join the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and your fellow Veterans on Wednesday, January 18, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., at the Veteran Career Fair and Expo, a free event brought to you by VA for Vets.
The Veteran Career Fair and Expo is an exciting event designed to provide career and education opportunities for Veterans in Washington, DC, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and West Virginia. As a Veteran, you will be able to register for the benefits and services you have earned through your military service.
Prepare for a Civilian Career
VA and other federal agencies are looking to hire qualified Veterans. Hiring managers from VA and other federal agencies will be on-site to interview and hire Veterans for a variety of positions. Career Coaches will be available to help you:
- Translate your military experience into marketable skills
- Build a resume in the federal job application format
- Find career opportunities in the federal government that are a fit for you
Closer to the event, information about special non-competitive hiring authority positions will be posted on this website. You will then have the opportunity to submit your resume, DD214 and eligibility letter to qualify for an onsite interview.
Need help preparing for the event? Go to the VA for Vets Career Center, translate your military skills and create a federally formatted resume today.
Enroll in Veteran Benefits and Services
Join your fellow Veterans in exploring booths and attending learning sessions that will inform you about benefits, career advancement, and health and wellness services.
- Gain access to programs like eBenefits or the Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Meet with representatives from programs for Women Veterans, Survivors and Minority Veterans
- Learn how to chart a rewarding career path
Please bring proof of your military service:
- Guard/Reserve Retirement Orders
- Military ID (Active Duty, Retired, Guard, Reserve)
- Statement of Service
- VIC Card
If you are unable to locate proof of service, on the event day, Department of Veterans Affairs staff members will be available to assist you.
For media inquiries, please call (202) 461-7600 or email VA Media Relations.